Dance Audition Requirements, Grades 3 - 7
For students in grades 3-7 at time of audition:
- Prepared Choreography Performances: Four dance choreography choices will be available for students. Students will choose two to learn, rehearse and perform via video.
○ Elementary (Current Grades 3-4) Choices of:
○ Middle School (Current Grades 5-7) Choices of :
- On Demand Skills video: Guided dance skills and technique for all dance genres that students will submit as a video.
- On Demand Guided Improvisation Video: Students will be verbally guided through an improvisation task in which they will create and perform via video.
- Optional Additional Evidence: Students may submit one or more optional videos in the dance style of their choice as additional evidence for GT Identification. Additional videos are not scored in the audition process but are used as supporting evidence for gifted identification.
- Video Submissions: All prepared and on-demand portions of the auditions will be submitted on video. Your school arts teacher or gifted and talented resource teacher will help with submission.
- SCAPA Bluegrass: Students wishing to be considered for a placement at SCAPA Bluegrass must complete the district’s Special Programs Application on SchoolMint. There are no additional audition requirements beyond what is listed above.
- Recommendations: Applicants may also include, as additional evidence for GT identification, one or more positive recommendations from an arts teacher/professional who knows you as an artist. Reference contacts will be submitted and sent through SchoolMint.
- Required Videos for SCAPA: For potential SCAPA placement, all Dance applicants must submit both the Ballet Variation and Contemporary Sequence Choreography Videos.
- For other specific questions about SCAPA Bluegrass, please consult the SCAPA Bluegrass Audition Website or contact Carla Pleasant, SCAPA Bluegrass facilitator.
**Non-FCPS students will attend a recording session on a weekday to record the on-demand activities.