Drama Audition Requirements, Grades 3 - 7
For students in grades 3-7 at time of audition:
- Prepared Monologue: Choose one monologue from the suggested list and perform the monologue from memory. Do not use props or costumes.
- Prepared Short Scene: Prepare one short scene with two or three other applicants. Scene options will be shared with schools.
- On-Demand: one short improvisational activity in a small group. This activity will not be provided to students prior to filming their audition submission.
- Video Submissions: All prepared and on-demand portions of the auditions will be submitted on video. Your school arts teacher or gifted and talented resource teacher will help with submission.
- SCAPA Bluegrass: Students wishing to be considered for a placement at SCAPA Bluegrass must complete the district’s Special Programs Application on SchoolMint. There are no additional audition requirements beyond what is listed above.
- Recommendations: Applicants may also include, as additional evidence for GT identification, one or more positive recommendations from an arts teacher/professional who knows you as an artist. Reference contacts will be submitted and sent through SchoolMint.
- For other specific questions about SCAPA Bluegrass, please consult the SCAPA Bluegrass Audition Website or contact Carla Pleasant, SCAPA Bluegrass facilitator.
**Non-FCPS students will attend a recording session on a weekday to record the on-demand activities.